Google

Web forums.longhaircommunity.com

View Full Version : Floor length and knee length hair gets cut very short (video)

allthatglitters
April 1st, 2007, 12:24 PM
i was so sad when i saw this, and what makes it worse people were egar to see it go even though they said it looked great.

[ETA: edited by dancingbarefoot to remove links. In light of the recent thread on hair f*t*shists (of the non-consensual, exploitative type), I suggest that people go browse YouTube on their own.]

sky
April 1st, 2007, 12:25 PM
I don't even want to look!!!!!

freznow
April 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
I think they all looked better with the long hair. Especially the first one, her hair was beautiful! Well at least they weren't crying and forced into this decision (or perhaps they were, but they didn't show it) like so many other people forced to, say, donate to LoL.

spidermom
April 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
Oh my - pretty incredible. We haven't been there yet (well, I haven't been there yet), so it seems such a loss. But I can imagine how exciting it must be to get a brand new hairstyle after growing and wearing hair super-long for so many years.

It was kind of spooky how excited the audience seemed, though. Would it be such a rush to see a limb amputated?

GlennaGirl
April 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'll tell you, after like 30 years of that same stupid freakin' hat, I think Jose's hat should be what's cut off.

Little_Bird
April 1st, 2007, 01:15 PM
:rant: :wail: :brickwall :hatchet: :shocked: :scared:

OH NO!!!!! That was horrible!!! I can't believe people have the courage to mutilate themselves like that, at least on my vision... Look at all those years of growth and hair love gone to ashes in just about 30 seconds...

I'm fainted, torn apart... What a big big shame... I only hope I can grow my hair to a lenght close to those and show the world it's possible to never get tired of it...

Here is my vows... Long hair forever!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

UnstrungHarp
April 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
Whenever I see these makeover things, people always respond to them positively and the women's hair is always cut.

I thought the first woman had wonderfully mystical hair.

It's odd how people seem to think cutting long to short is usually a positive. I guess they associate long hair with not changing and neglect and not being "hip" Bleh.

Brightstar7801
April 1st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Wow, it just seemed so sad to me. Most of the women looked scared when their hair was being cut. The scissors, ugh, the Maury scissors didn't even look like good scissors. Just awful!

Felicity
April 1st, 2007, 01:40 PM
i don't understand why these people always have to go and have it all hacked off at once. I think gradual changes are the way to go if you think you might want it shorter. But television always goes for the dramatic.

Madora
April 1st, 2007, 01:44 PM
Cut? Can you say butchered?! My goodness, if you have to cut your hair, at least do it properly!

That said, I cringed when I watched the videos, although I think the lady on the Maury program seemed tired of caring for her hair..and I couldn't believe her hair took 12 hours to dry. Something wrong going on there.

The lady who donated her hair to the Locks of Love (yuck) had gorgeous hair. What a pity she didn't investigate LOL first before she parted with her hair. Of course it was a well intentioned act..but I wonder how much of her beautiful hair ended up in a wig for someone who really needed it?

Snowymoon
April 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
I find it odd that the fellow in the hat cutting the hair had a nice braid down to his belt line. :twisted: Anyone else notice that?

Felicity
April 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM
This woman didn't look as happy: EDITED to remove link

GlennaGirl
April 1st, 2007, 02:06 PM
I find it odd that the fellow in the hat cutting the hair had a nice braid down to his belt line. :twisted: Anyone else notice that?

Yeah, that's Jose's "look".

Devon77
April 1st, 2007, 02:10 PM
I agree with snowymoon I also thought it was odd that guy in the hat cutting the hair had a braid down his back!! But the women were ready to cut off there hair. They wanted that. You don't go on a show about cutting long hair if you want to keep it. Anyone on LHC would not be caught dead there!!

Aronomy
April 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately the hair she donated might be sold as hair extensions for some hollywood snob. :( They all looked better with their long hair.

cactuscurls
April 1st, 2007, 03:58 PM
Any key words to find this particular video?

Alenka
April 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
I don't need to see the film.
Although I wish they could cut my hair longer..

tkj25
April 6th, 2007, 03:13 PM
makeover show are the enemy of long hair lovers. they always seem to hire scissor happy stylists.

Bill D.
April 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Any key words to find this particular video?

Out of curiosity I decided to look and I might have found it, though there were several videos on this subject so I really don't know. If you *really* want to look, just long hair and c*t would probably get you to a list of candidate videos that you would need to sort through.

Frankly, if you're just interested in seeing very long beautiful hair then there's no need to look at such videos because there are much happier videos with floor-length hair that's not being c*t. The following links have been cleared for posting here and are supportive of long hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWEJ_7CrxlM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhve67xWEqc
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnsB1_w1-Q&NR=1

The first video shows Chinese dancers all with ankle-to-floor length hair doing what can only be called a hair dance. It's amazing to behold. The second video shows a Chinese long-hair contest. The third shows a woman with basically floor-length hair slowly moving her hair around. It shows beautifully the liquid motion and graceful moving waves that very long hair can have when it moves. My hair never did this even when it was down to my waist long ago... oh, I'm going to die of terminal jealousy!

Enjoy... :-)))

Bill D.

CountessDeJager
April 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Frankly, if you're just interested in seeing very long beautiful hair then there's no need to look at such videos because there are much happier videos with floor-length hair that's not being c*t. The following links have been cleared for posting here and are supportive of long hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWEJ_7CrxlM

The first video shows Chinese dancers all with ankle-to-floor length hair doing what can only be called a hair dance.

Bill, thanks for telling me to go see the dancers. Their dark hair made such lovely ripples and it looked like a bunch of tadpoles on stage to me. :grin: You see pretty, wibbly hair and I see tadpoles. It made us both happy just in different ways.

Love ya!:flowers:
Elizabeth

Silver Strands
April 12th, 2007, 03:52 AM
cactuscurls,
I typed in "long hair cut" and found them.

The Maury scissors were so blunt it was hard to watch them hacking her hair off.
Also, I hate how they put the ponytail holder up so high and then cut ABOVE it like they won't be happy until she has no length left at all.

At least Jose left the other woman with some length but not as long as his huh?

Bhavana
April 12th, 2007, 04:17 AM
I know it takes a while to grow, but it IS just hair!

I had long, waist length hair for most of my young adult life, and a long term boyfriend whose ego depended on it. He had a heart attack if I so much as got a trim. Cutting bangs was something I had to ask permission for, and I basically had to beg for months. Don't ask me what I was doing with this jerk, I really never figured it out. Don't get me wrong, I like long hair too, it wasn't just for him - but you can be sure that the day I knew if was finally over with him, I cut it all off. Into a pixie. And it was the greatest, most wonderful, liberating feeling ever! The funny thing is, I got more slack from females over cutting it than I did males - alot of guys really loved it, and I think it made me look younger. It was as if the weight of the world was off of me, it was one less thing to worry about or take care of. The feeling of jumping out of the shower and buzzing the dryer over my head for 30 seconds was awesome. I felt transformed.

So, my point is, no matter how pretty the hair is, sometimes cutting it is for entirely different - and good - reasons. And one thing is for sure, it will always grow back.

salamandra
April 12th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I couldn't find the original video mentioned on the post, but I found a bunch of long hair videos that made me completly amazed and a bit sad. Man, I have a long road ahead... my hair is so short.... why did I waste so many years of my life cutting my hair, why did I fall in love with long hair just now? :( I saw this woman's video, she has floor length hair, blonde, straight, and just freaking perfect. I mean, the very ends of her hair are perfect and super shiny!!!!! I had set my goal at 35" because what I see is classic hair with thinning, ugly ends, but after looking at that woman's hair, I mean, you can grow hair at FLOOR length with perfect ends? I'm going to set my goal at 40" now. And after that more for sure. :)

lyssa
April 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM
OMG OMG!!! That is <B>mutilation</B>!

I think I'm going to be ill..

Oph
April 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I hate watching such videos !!

I can't understand how people can cut so long hair ...

BlackfootHair
May 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM
I found this video the other day...my favorite is when they have their hair together, with pearls wrapped around it, so pretty! (I'm assuming they are sisters... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg5IhOVsPI0

Madora
May 1st, 2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for that videolink, BlackfootHair.

The ladies seem to treasure their gorgeous, thick black hair and know how to handle it with grace.

It was a pleasure to see. Thank you again.

Arianwen
May 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Oh man, that indian video is cool! I freaking love Indian hair, I see tons of uber long heads of indian hair here and I once got to see an Indian lady doing a cool bun in her hair at a buffet restaurant. I tried very hard to memorize how she did it so I could post it here but I could not practice on my own hair (I tried) cause it's not long enough.

One thing though, the way that lady was combing her ends made my hair whimper, hehe. Mine's way too fine to reef on it like that.

BlackfootHair
May 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Glad yall liked the video. There are a ton of long haired Indian women on there. Also, you might find the directions from one of those videos. :) Good luck!

Linguist
May 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Gah, I admit it, I was curious, so I went to youtube and did a search...not sure if what I came up with is what was originally posted on, but I had to close the tab (using Firefox) before they actually did more than just sit the girl down -- too hard to watch!

And then I looked at BlackfootHair's link, which made me feel better. :flower: